THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

http://promo101interviews.wordpress.com/

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Woman Submit



1 - How did you get interested in the topic that's featured in your book? I was beaten into it.

2 - Tell us a bit about your background. What have you done in the past that relates to your book and that topic? The title of the book is, Woman Submit! Christians & Domestic Violence. I experienced domestic violence and abuse for a period of nine years over the course of two marriages. The most violent of the two marriages was the last in which my former husband was an associate pastor of our church.

3 - What advice would you give to someone who is interested in your topic? It would really depend on why they were interested. Someone could be interested because they are experiencing abuse or domestic violence. Or they could be interested because someone they know and love is experiencing domestic violence. The book is written and contains advice for both groups.

4 - What do you see as the benefit to participating in groups and organizations? My first thought would be networking opportunities and the chance for personal and business growth. What are your reasons? I have started The Dorcas Network, which is an organization committed to working with [primarily] Christian individuals and ministries desiring to reach out in more compassionate, effective, and biblical ways to the battered/abused women within their spheres of influence. We can certainly accomplish more together than alone.

5 - Who is the ideal person to read your book? Women experiencing domestic violence or abuse and those they are most likely to turn to for help. If each person that reads this was going to recommend your book to one person, what sort of person would they want to chose? Women experiencing domestic violence or abuse or those they are most likely to turn to for help--including pastors and other spiritual leaders.

6 - What do you think ignites a person's creativity? I believe we write best when we write honestly about what we feel strongly about. As for myself, I cannot even stay interested in writing about anything I am not passionate about. And if I cannot stay interested in what I am writing, how can I expect anyone else to stay interested in reading what I write?

7 - What have you found to be the biggest stumbling block for people who want to start writing? Not having anything to say of course.

8 - How would you suggest they can overcome that? Find out what it is they feel strongly--even passionately--about, and write about that.

9 - What do you find is the biggest motivator for people to succeed? Is it money, security, desire for fame or something else? Different things motivate different people. Money and success have never been able to motivate me for very long periods of time (although like most people, I wouldn't mind having some). I committed my life to Jesus Christ many years ago, and I have found that anything he is not the center of, very quickly loses its appeal. But the things I allow His Spirit to lead me into, are the things that have endured.

10 - Who is the “perfect” person to read your book? Any woman (or man) experiencing domestic violence or abuse and those they would most likely turn to for help. And since it is estimated that one out of four women experience abuse or domestic violence (some say one out of two!), that would make the target audience for my book just about everyone.

11 - Is there anything else you would like to share with us? Yes. I would like to pass along a message that I heard for the very first time from a mother whose precious daughter lost her life due to domestic violence, “Domestic Violence IS your business!” www.WomanSubmit.com

1 comment:

Chencho said...

In essence, the site had caused the talks that are going พนันบอลเล่นยังไง on spam we need you to look at it carefully to prevent waste.