THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

http://promo101interviews.wordpress.com/

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Its My Crisis and I'll Cry If I Need To - Yocheved Golani




Tell us the book title and your author name. The book has rather long name that I use three different ways. 1: It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To for general communication, 2: It's MY Crisis! for rapid communication (that way, shoppers can remember the basic title when they want to order it in a store or online) and 3: the official title of It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To: A Life Book for Helping You to Dry Your Tears and to Cope with a Medical Challenge.

My name is Yocheved Golani. The "ch" has the same guttural sound as in "Bach." I'm a woman and I try to clue in my clients and readers by using soft, feminine colors at my websites and in my book cover. A pen nib with the medical symbol for "female" on my Writing Services site, www.ygolani.com is another tipoff that I'm female.

What inspired the book? My survival of emergency life-saving brain surgery. Friends and loved ones wanted me to explain how I survived the crisis without having a breakdown.

What makes this book special to you? That my crisis serves a higher purpose. By making lemonade of the lemon that was brain surgery, I can help people with my appreciation for their anguish over a medical crisis and their need for "how to get well" information.

What makes this a book that other people MUST read and WHY? I explain in simple, sometimes funny language, how to cope with the challenges of medical crises. From adjusting your perspective to how to pack for the hospital stay and how to keep your medical and insurance records in order, my book covers the topic. The Resources section in the back of my book informs readers how to find the help they need all around the world: free clinical trials, free or price-reduced medication and medical appliances, medical and mental health therapists, suggested reading materials for adults and children, medical clowns, and much more.

What people NEED to read this book and WHY? ANYBODY facing a medical crisis, including medical and mental health professionals trying to help patients and clients let alone the loved ones of the sick person and that ill person.

What sparks your creativity? Any tips to help others spark their own creativity? Hmmm... I do many types of writing: feature stories, Op-Eds, speeches, site content, advertising content, media releases and press releases (different in that media releases are geared for broadcast and digital media, press releases for print publications ) and more. I find inspiration by looking out the window. I have some miniature toy cartoon characters, some thought-provoking newspaper cartoons and some inspirational thoughts on my desk that make me think outside the box.

What has been the biggest stumbling block in your writing? Can you share some tips to help others get past similar problems? Not knowing how to proceed has been a real stumbling block. Before I wrote my first genuine press release, I had to do some research about press release preparation. Before I wrote my first novel I focused on whatever I'd learned as an English major. I also read books and magazines about novel writing. Before I began writing It's MY Crisis! I'd been aware that the "How to Do Anything" and "Anything for Dummies" books only offer titles dealing with specific medical or psychiatric diagnoses. Amazon.com does not list any books as broad-based and inclusive as mine. It's MY Crisis! is a neatly packaged survival tool that can be shared with loved ones, packed in a suitcase and shown to health care professionals. I wrote what the book market and some readers needed. Study up on your subject. You can use and reject what you learn as desired.

What do you think motivates people to become authors? What motivated you to get into this unusual industry? Oy. Only an optimist or a masochist would become an author. There are exceptions to the rule, of course. I write because I'm good at it. People have been paying me to write for them for a long time. I'm not good at many other career paths. Some people make excellent plumbers or architects. I'm wired to be a writer.

Tell me about the most unusual things you have done to promote any books? I haven't done anything unusual. Yet. Now you've made me think about the alternative!

NON FICTION - Why are you the BEST person to write this book? What in your background or in your research makes you qualified to do justice to this topic? What an excellent question! My book is written from the heart as much as it's written from my mind. Not only did I experience a life-or-death medical crisis, I've worked in the medical industry. Insight from both sides of the hospital bill influences It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To. I sympathize with anyone going through a medical emergency or situation.

NON FICTION - If a potential reader thinks that your book wouldn't interest them, what would you say to convince them to buy? I'm thinking something better than "Its the greatest book ever." Give me something more specific :) I'd suggest that they read two pages (that'll give them a chance to be drawn into the text) or scan the book untiil they find something that grabs their attention.

NON FICTION - Why does the topic of your book interest you? Why would it interest potential readers? Give us a hook to reel in new readers. Have you, a friend or a loved one received a nightmarish medical diagnosis? Calm down with It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To: A Life Book that Helps You to Dry Your Tears and to Cope with a Medical Challenge.

NON FICTION Is there a way to tie your book topic to current events? If so, tell us about how you could do that. I have a blog to feature information and examples about tying books into current events that might be a good place for you to promote your book. People in Peru are suffering from medical complications they've blamed on a meteor. Governments and everybody around the world are scared of biological weapons of mass destruction. Robin Williams of ABC television is experiencing breast cancer. Montel Williams has Multiple Sclerosis. Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's Disease. College students suffer all kinds of stuff after being exposed to germs in limited spaces. The news media are full of reports about epidemics and preventative techniques. Even the kid down the block can tell you who's not feeling so good these days and feeling stressed out about it. People in all kinds of occupations and social situations suffer medical problems. The Internet is full of helpful information and so is the library. Even the brochure rack in your doctor's office offers information about something or other. But bringing it all together in order to cope with a medical crisis is a whole other story! My book reduces your stress by showing you how to take things in logical order and how to cope with a medical situation. No way did I write the only book you'll ever need for coping with medical crises. But I did write a book that helps you to calm down, to think clearly and to show you what to do about many medical problems. Think of the book's complete title: It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To: A Life Book for Helping You to Dry Your Tears and to Cope with a Medical Challenge
Wow, can it make a great stocking stuffer!

If there's anything else you would like to share, this is the time and place. It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To is a book to share with someone you love or feel compassion for. Family and friends, even colleagues at work can share it with each other. Medical and mental health therapists can use it with patients and clients. Gyms can sell it to patrons, Retiree organizations can provide it to members. Chartiable organizations and pharmacies can give it out to people who need it. No matter the person, no matter their medical crisis,It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To is a book for helping you to cope in a forthright, pro-active manner. It fits the Self-help genre, the Spiritual genre, the Medical genre, even a Gifts Section genre. Recipients will be glad to get It's MY Crisis! And I'll Cry if I Need To.

Humorous passages and thoughtful witticisms from famous personalities in It's MY Crisis! provide comic relief, enabling relaxed readers to benefit from the workbook's eye opening, life-saving content. Nancy Rosenfeld, author of Just as Much as Woman: Your Personal Guide to Hystterectomy and Beyond, and Unfinished Journey: Two People, Two Worlds, From Tyranny to Freedom. has said that It's MY Crisis! is "compelling, inspiring, and merits publication." Medical and mental health professionals, clergy of different faiths, even a Fortune 500 motivational speaker praise it on the book cover and inside! Buy it for someone you love. Including yourself.

--
Yocheved Golani
Self Help Coach
Make the Changes You Need in Your Life.
http://itsmycrisisandillcryifineedto.blogspot.com/

No comments: