1. How did you get interested in the topic?
It came from a post about laundry by one of the Celebrate Moms team members. This post on the message board received about 3 pages of responses from our moms. We knew then it is a topic of interest.
2. Our background...What have we done in the past that relates to our book and that topic?
The whole Celebrate Moms website points to the book's message of "Lighten your Load". Our tagline for Celebrate Moms is "The Mother Load Gets Lighter Here".
3. What advice would we give to someone who is interested in our topic?
We can learn from anything in life, even the mundane things like laundry.
4. What do we see as the benefit to participating in groups and organizations other than networking and personal /business growth?
Groups and organizations help us learn from one another and offer a support system.
5. Who is the ideal person to read our book?
The ideal audience for Laundry Tales to Lighten Your Load is made up of mothers ages 20-50. These ladies are the primary overseers of the household laundering chores, seeking acknowledgement and companionship in a lowly job. They are either currently Christians looking to grow closer to God in a unique way or seekers in the midst of child related struggles and open to learning more about God.
6. What do we think ignites a person's creativity?
Finding and pursuing their passion ignites creativity.
7. What have we found to be the biggest stumbling block for people to start writing?
Procrastination and lack of knowledge of how the industry works.
8. How would we suggest they can overcome that?
A quote that helps Melissa, our co-founder, is "Do what you don't want to do, so you can be what you want to be." Keep that in mind. Don't approach life, dreams etc, based on feelings. Just do it even if you don't want to do it.
9. What do we find is the biggest motivator for people to succeed? Is it money, security, desire for fame or something else?
We feel like all three of the ones listed are big motivators but we pray we would rise above it and Celebrate Moms motivation would be to please God.
10.Who is the "perfect" person to read our book?
Laundry is never done—moms struggling to keep up with this humdrum chore will find Laundry Tales to Lighten Your Load especially encouraging and uplifting. They need help in ways they can relate to. The length of each story delivers a shot in the arm that will help moms get through yet another load.
Laundry is a lonely, boring and often thankless job—moms looking for acknowledgement, a feeling of camaraderie, and a greater sense of self-worth will finish reading Laundry Tales to Lighten Your Load feeling like they have just sat and had coffee with a trusted friend. One that understands her struggles and has inspired her to embrace all the dirt life has to offer.
11. Is there anything else we would like to share with the audience?
Laundry Tales to Lighten Your Load is a lighthearted look at the things we have learned from doing the laundry. We encourage you to pick up a copy, get a cup of coffeee and enjoy some of the stories and insights we share.