THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

http://promo101interviews.wordpress.com/

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dyan Garris Talks About Her Promotion

You have been invited to share your promotional experience with others.

Your Name: Dyan Garris

1. Where you are from and where are you now?

I was born in Illinois. I live now in Arizona and Florida.

2. How did you get started writing?

I’ve been writing ever since I can remember. I wrote a children’s book when I was seventeen.

3. What do you do when you are not writing?

I swim every day. I love to walk as well. When I’m not writing books I’m writing and playing music. I’m a professional psychic. Everything works together.

4. What would readers like to know about you?

I don’t know, but they can ask me and I’ll probably answer.

5. What inspired your first book?

I had an Old English sheepdog that my little brother was fascinated with. I wrote him a little book about the dog’s adventures.

6. How many books have you written?

Seven.

7. What are the titles of your books and what genres are they?

My genre is all Metaphysical Self-Help. The titles are:
Voice of the Angels – A Healing Journey Spiritual Cards
Voice of the Angels – A Healing Journey – The Journal (for use with the cards)
Voice of the Angels – Meditation Journal (for use with my CD series of music and meditation)
Voice of the Angels – Talk To Your Food! Intuitive Cooking
Fish Tale of Woe – Lost at Sea (A small story with a very big message)
Money and Manifesting
The Book of Daily Channeled Messages

8. How do you decide on that topic or genre?

My work is all self-help. It chose me.

9. How do you manage to keep yourself focused and on track?

Being a clairvoyant counselor, I focus for a living. If I couldn’t focus I wouldn’t have any clients. It’s simply a matter of quieting the chatter of the conscious mind. It’s a mindful focus. I’ve had a lot of practice.

10. Do you write to make money or for the love of writing?

Of course I have to teach you something while answering this question. We do not “make” money. Money is energy. We create an open pathway for the energy of money to flow to us. I write because I have something to teach and I love to do it. When the creative pathway is open the money follows. It’s energy.

11. What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used?

The key to marketing is distribution. You can have the best book in the world and if nobody can find it you won’t be selling very many copies of it. Amazon is great, Baker and Taylor/Barnes & Noble are all very important. Author signings are wonderful ways to connect with people. Radio interviews should be at the top of anyone’s list as well.

12. What are some unique methods of marketing you have used?

The Virtual Book Tour is the most unique thing I’ve done in terms of marketing. It’s great fun.

13. Do you sell through a website? If so, what’s the address? If not, why not?

Yes, websites should be one portal of distribution. I have about 15 websites. The main site is www.voiceoftheangels.com There is a lot going on there. I write a Daily Channeled Message there. For my music one of the main sites is www.myspace.com/voiceoftheangels

14. Where can people order your books?

People can order my books through Amazon.com, any traditional bookstore, or through my website.

15. What format are your books – e-book, print, audio etc?

Right now they are just in print, however, I’m working on getting them into e-books.

16. Will you write more books?

No, Money and Manifesting is the last one for now. It’s at the top of the toolbox of tools for spiritual growth and transformation that I’m almost finished building.

17. What do you have in the works now?

I have two more items that go in the toolbox. One is a DVD animation. The other is another music CD that will vibrate to the eighth chakra. The existing CDs are a series of music and meditation CDs that each vibrate to chakras one through seven.

18. What does the future hold for you and your books?

Looking into my crystal ball, I see…..oh, that would be absolutely no fun to peer in on my future. I’ll just let it unfold.

19. What was the most successful thing you did to promote your books?

I’m doing it. The Virtual Book Tour is just great for book promotion. I’m also very fond of author signings because I like to connect with people directly.

20. What was the least successful thing you did to promote your books?

Well, again, it all depends upon how you define “successful". To me there is no success and no failure. Those are simply perceptions and usually they are someone else’s perceptions. In my definition of success everything is simply an opportunity.

This interview was done in conjunction with Nikki Leigh, author of the Book Promo 101 series. For more information, visit – www.nikkileigh.com/promo.htm.

No comments: