THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

http://promo101interviews.wordpress.com/

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Promotional Interview with Sapphire Phelan

You have been invited to share you experience with our readers.

Name: Sapphire Phelan

Tell us about yourself – where you are from, how you got started writing, what you do when you are not writing (or anything you want our readers to know) I am from Chesterfield, Virginia, which is a suburb of Richmond. I was always writing, starting making up and writing down on paper when I was eight. I got published when I was seventeen, with three poems in a poetry magazine, Hyacinths and Biscuits that was from Los Angeles. Got paid for them too—so cool to a teenager. When I am not writing? I have done acting for a living too, not in past couple years though. I also do costuming, make or sew costumes, mainly SF, Fantasy, Horror and historical, and wear them at conventions or other kinds of events. I also do crafts, read, send time with my husband, garden (in spring, summer and fall), spend time with friends, exercise at Curves, go to conventions, check out local events, movies and rent and watch DVDs.

What inspired you to write your first book? It was an e-book, Crimson Promise. I realized I like to read paranormal romance and since I write what I read wrote a vampire romance that was different enough to attract the publisher, Lady Aibell Press.

How many books have you written? 5 e-books through Lady Aibell Press, Twilight Fantasies Publications and LoveYouDivine.com. I also have an Amazon Short, a sweet super hero romance story, To Save the Day, in electronic form up at Amazon. I also have another, a novella, Beast Magic coming to Phaze in October. I also have erotic and dark romance stories in three of the Forbidden Love series published by Under the Moon. There’s to hopefully be three more of the print books and I do have stories submitted for them too.

How do you decide on their topic? If an anthology had a basic theme then I write a story around that. Unless they asked for particular subject, the e-books are those I write a story and submit to publishers. Beast Magic, I wrote over 20,000 words, edited it and then used it to pitch to the Phaze editor at Epic-con back in March. As for the Amazon Short I had this super hero romance short story I had written and thought, why not?

What works best to keep you focused and on track? I tell myself. It’s as simple as that. In the long run, it’s up to the author to police themselves, especially with a manuscript due.

Do you write to make money or for the love of writing? I do it for love. Bur I want to make money at what I love to do. Most of us, including me have had to do jobs we don’t like but do so in order to survive these days. I have always loved to make up stories and poems, so this is my job. My husband let me quit my job to do writing. Not everyone has a husband who supports you like that and I am thankful for him. And I am thankful for those who read my romances.

What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used to gain visibility for you and your book(s)? Reviews, interviews, guest at conventions, online chats, give away contests off my website or in chats.

What are some unique methods? Set up signings in different type of locale, like in a coffee shop locally.

Do you sell through a website? No. I do give links to where the books and others can be bought though. My site is the best way to keep up with me: http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com Also check out my MySpace at www.myspace.com/SapphirePhelan and blog at http://SapphirePhelansPassionCorner.blogspot.com as I do let readers know there too. I also have a newsletter people can join for free at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SapphirePhelansParanormalNewsletter

Do you plan on writing additional books? Oh yes. I’ll be working on more in the shapeshifter world of Beast Magic for Phaze and a novella sequel to The Curse, which came out by Twilight Fantasies Publications. And I do have half way done a SF/futuristic romance novel that someday I will finish.

Interview Presented by -
Nikki Leigh - www.nikkileigh.com/Promo.htm
www.nikkileigh.com/book_promo_101.htm

No comments: