THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

http://promo101interviews.wordpress.com/

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Promotional Interview with Kelley Heckart

You have been invited to share you experience with our readers.

Name: Kelley Heckart

Tell us about yourself – where you are from, how you got started writing, what you do when you are not writing (or anything you want our readers to know) I was a musician for many years in Southern California, playing bass for an all-female hard rock band. The breakup of my band and health issues took me on the path to writing. I credit my years as a songwriter/lyricist as my first experience with writing. It seems like most of my time is spent writing or doing research, but I do enjoy reading and going for walks/hikes here in the beautiful desert. Music is something I would like to return to some day.

What inspired you to write your first book? My first book started out as a short story and my Creative Writing teacher encouraged me to turn in into a novel.

How many books have you written? I have written four books so far.

How do you decide on their topic? Everything I write has a fantasy or paranormal element.

What works best to keep you focused and on track? Music. When I listen to music, I am able to release all of that creative energy.

Do you write to make money or for the love of writing? I write for the love of writing and the need to tell stories.

What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used to gain visibility for you and your book(s)? My main marketing tool is the Internet. I have my own website, blogs and belong to many online groups. I also do at least two book signings at Celtic festivals each year.

What are some unique methods? I don’t think I have any unique methods, but I carry bookmarks with me at all times. I also sell signed copies of my books on eBay, which has been a pretty effective marketing tool.

Do you sell through a website? Yes. I sell signed copies of my books through my website.

Do you plan on writing additional books? Yes. In fact, I am working on a prequel to my Of Water and Dragons series and finishing a trilogy I started, which is set in sixth century Scotland.

No comments: