THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

http://promo101interviews.wordpress.com/

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Promotional Interview with Angela Adams

You have been invited to share you experience with our readers.

Name: Angela Adams

Tell us about yourself – where you are from, how you got started writing, what you do when you are not writing (or anything you want our readers to know)
My name is Angela Adams and I currently reside in Ocala, Florida. I started writing when I was little. I even won a Young Author Award for a short kids book I wrote in 3rd grade. I loved to write and always said when I grew up I would write books in my spare time. I also write a lot of poetry. When I am not writing I am usually working my full-time job for Atlantic Publishing. I also spend time with my friends and boyfriend. I really enjoy just being at home and relaxing.

What inspired you to write your first book?
Working for Atlantic has given me a lot of opportunities I never would have had otherwise. When an author was cancelling out on a project and I still could not find a new author to hire, I was told I could do it. The eBay Success Chronicles involved a lot of interviewing and journalism-type skills which is what my emphasis was with my Communications degree. I loved it and really learned a lot of what all it takes to get a book completed.

How many books have you written?
I have one published and two others in the works.

How do you decide on their topic?
I don’t have a choice since the books are all planned ahead of time by the publisher. However, I do work on my own novel in my spare time and hope to one day get it published. It is just a fiction book—a drama of sorts.

What works best to keep you focused and on track?
Sitting at the table with my laptop and no TV on, no music, and no one home. Spreading out all your notes and just going at it. The rest of the time I have a hard time concentrating and tend to get easily distracted.

Do you write to make money or for the love of writing?
I love to write! If you want to make a lot of money, more often than not writing is not the best option for you. You have to love writing and readers will see that in your books.

What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used to gain visibility for you and your book(s)?
I use affiliate marketing, a Web site, postcard mailings, and e-mail blasts.

What are some unique methods?
Looking for specific people who I know will want my book—such as eBay instructors or teachers who would be willing to make it a requirement for their students.

Do you sell through a website?
Yes, www.acafreelance.com and the publisher also sells heavily through www.atlantic–pub.com and Amazon as well as other major online stores.

Do you plan on writing additional books?
Yes! I just finished book # 2 and am 50% done with book # 3. The next goal is try my hand with my fiction.

No comments: