THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

http://promo101interviews.wordpress.com/

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Start with the Facts About On My Own Now


1 - How did you get interested in the topic that’s featured in your book?

I was rereading Proverbs one day thinking, "I wish I had never stopped reading Proverbs when I was a teenager."

2 - Tell us a bit about your background. What have you done in the past that relates to your book and that topic?

I draw on my eclectic past as a rebellious youth, Peace Corps volunteer, social worker, single mother, court mediator and executive director of a home for single young mothers.

3 - What advise would you give to someone who is interested in your topic?

Don't try to consume the book of Proverbs in a month, like everyone I've ever heard recommends. Take one proverbs a day (or one small section in the places where a few verses work together to form one idea). Just one a day and meditate on it. Proverbs for your spirit are like Vit C for your body. When you get too much in you, the excess just spills out, it doesn't get absorbed. So no need to waste your time and enthusiasm on a bunch of Proverbs that you're just going to overflow. One a day is good. And be consistent.

4 - What do you see as the benefit to participating in groups and organizations? My first thought would be networking opportunities and the chance for personal and business growth. What are your reasons?

That's a good reason. Support is another good reason. I belong to a Yahoo group on publishing and the folks on that have been very helpful where Google falls short. And that's one of the reasons I go to church too. Support!

5 - Who is the ideal person to read your book? If each person that reads this was going to recommend your book to one person, what sort of person would they want to chose?

All young women on their own or about to head out on their own for the very first time.

6 - What do you think ignites a person’s creativity?

It can be anything, everyday experiences, memories, random ideas, important people in one's life, etc.

7 - What have you found to be the biggest stumbling block for people who want to start writing?

Time is problematic for almost everyone. We all have busy schedules, maybe even a day job, and families. Finding sufficient time to develop fully your ideas can be a struggle.

8 - How would you suggest they can overcome that?

Building it into your schedule has done the trick for me. Even if that means getting up a little earlier or going to bed later, you need to commit to writing.

9 - What do you find is the biggest motivator for people to succeed? Is it money, security, desire for fame or something else?

Probably the desire for fame. I think it's burning in all of us. I think it's hard-wired, a social manifestation of that survival of the fittest concept.

10 - Who is the “perfect” person to read your book?

Young (17-23) Christian single women leaving for college or getting their very first apartment.

11 - Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

I reverse the gender in most of the proverbs I use and it really opens them up for a lot of application one wouldn't have previously considered. Also, I tell a lot of my dirt in the book, not sure if that's good, bad or neutral.

1 comment:

Giuseppina said...

Write content that complements the type that can be used แทงบอลสด on a daily basis to keep up much longer without education.