THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

http://promo101interviews.wordpress.com/

Sunday, August 23, 2009

On My Own In Detail


Tell us the book title and your author name.

The book is called On My Own Now: Straight Talk from the Proverbs for Young Christian Women who Want to Remain Pure, Debt-free and Regret-free and my name is Donna Lee Schillinger

What inspired the book?

I was rereading Proverbs one day thinking, "I wish I had never stopped reading Proverbs when I was a teenager."

What makes this book special to you?

I started the project as a sort of scrapbook of my stories for my daughter. Regardless of the success it may achieve, it will foremost for me be a gift for Gwen.

What makes this a book that other people MUST read and WHY?

This book is full of valuable lessons. I accept that I have made many mistakes in the past and I wish to spare young women some hearache by sharing those stories with them. I find the ideas and advice from the Proverbs and all the wisdom they have to offer.

What people NEED to read this book and WHY?

I only wish that after young women read my book they'll feel empowered to make wise decisions and commit to living a regret-free life.

What sparks your creativity? Any tips to help others spark their own creativity?

I'm not sure I've a creative person. I can turn a phrase, but it seems to be a genetic thing.

What has been the biggest stumbling block in your writing? Can you share some tips to help others get past similar problems?

Just time. My bread and butter job pays half the family bills, so I don't have luxury to throw myself into this the way I might if I didn't need utilities.

What do you think motivates people to become authors? What motivated you to get into this unusual industry?

Such an excellent question. I'm afraid the answer might reveal some certifiable narcissism or neediness, so I think I'll pass on trying to psychoanalyze the author.

Tell me about the most unusual things you have done to promote any books?

I've not gotten as crazy as I know I will some day because I'm not so brave just yet. I have a hard time mustering up the nerve to do a book signing! I did have a scarebrain idea for another author, Narciso Zamora, author of Walking Man: A Modern Missions Experience in Latin America. He was doing a book tour in July and his last stop was Orlando, the International Christian Retail Show. The next to last stop was Marietta, Ga. My idea was that he should walk between those two destinations and gather media attention along the way. In retrospect, I think he would have just dropped dead around about Macon, Ga.

NON FICTION - Why are you the BEST person to write this book? What in your background or in your research makes you qualified to do justice to this topic?

I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm the best person to write this. I just am the one who wrote it. I've learned a lot of lessons in my own errant youth and a lot through working with homeless single mothers. I have a strong relationship with the Creator, but I'm no expert on the Proverbs.

NON FICTION - If a potential reader thinks that your book wouldn't interest them, what would you say to convince them to buy? I'm thinking something better than "Its the greatest book ever." Give me something more specific :)

I'm not sure what I could say to get a young, single Christian woman to buy the book. But to her mother or grandmother, all I have to say is: Your daughter is about to leave home. Are you ready for this? Send your influence along in her suitcase, covertly disguised as a cute little graduation gift. If she doesn't read, download the free audiobook (that comes with the purchase of the print book) on to her MP3 player the night before she leaves home.

NON FICTION - Why does the topic of your book interest you? Why would it interest potential readers? Give us a hook to reel in new readers.

On My Own Now is about strengthening young women’s faith and preventing the screw-ups that can brand us for life. I draw on my eclectic past as a rebellious youth, Peace Corps volunteer, social worker, single mother, court mediator and executive director of a home for single young mothers. I use gender-reversed Proverbs with real-life applications to wave the red flag of caution for young women, warning against the pitfalls of a post-modern, sexually casual, consumer-is-king society that is indelibly scarring youth with cynicism, sexually transmitted diseases and bad credit.

NON FICTION Is there a way to tie your book topic to current events? If so, tell us about how you could do that. I have a blog to feature information and examples about tying books into current events that might be a good place for you to promote your book.

This book ties in to gobs of current events, everything from the economy to sexually transmitted diseases.

If there's anything else you would like to share, this is the time and place.

This book makes a great devotional for a young woman. It's broken up into sections that take about 5 minutes each to read.


1 comment:

Lunaice said...

At this time we agree that posting sbobet คืนยอดเสีย details on your website is a very interesting topic today.