THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED - FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE POSTS, PLEASE VISIT

http://promo101interviews.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Promotional Interview with Anne Carter

Your Name: Anne Carter

1. Where you are from and where are you now?

Although I was born in the Midwest, I have lived in So. California, where I still reside, nearly all my life.

2. How did you get started writing?

I took a creative writing class in middle school, and have been writing ever since. My first publishing credits were for short stories and poetry.

3. What do you do when you are not writing?

I dabble in photo editing and art, I own a small business and my number one job is parenting my three kids.

4. What would readers like to know about you?

That I am a pretty average person—except that I get asked if I personally research the romantic intimacy scenes in my books…

Seriously, like someone else I know, I am a lighthouse nut and find them enchanting and inspiring. I collect them, visit them, write about them. I even lived in one for a brief period while writing POINT SURRENDER.

5. What inspired your first book?

My first book, STARCROSSED HEARTS, is about the entertainment industry—movie stars, if you will. Since I grew up a stone’s throw from Hollywood, I was very focused on the movie and TV business. As an adolescent, I used to fantasize about being an “extra” on a movie production. That’s exactly where that first book starts.

6. How many books have you written?

Five published, three in process.

7. What are the titles of your books and what genres are they?

STARCROSSED HEARTS, contemporary romance; A HERO’S PROMISE, (sequel) romantic suspense; IN TOO DEEP, contemporary romance; POINT SURRENDER, romantic paranormal mystery; and, writing as Pam Ripling, LOCKER SHOCK!, middle grade mystery.

8. How do you decide on that topic or genre?

I think most writers write in the genre they enjoy reading. My middle grade reader was inspired by my sons when they were in junior high school.

9. How do you manage to keep yourself focused and on track?

Who said I did?

Actually, when I am writing a story and it becomes unfocused, I usually discover I’ve made a wrong turn and must backtrack to where I fell off-track.

10. Do you write to make money or for the love of writing?

Hopefully, one leads to the other. I write because I have to. The money I make is a lovely side benefit. I wish I could say it was enough to be truly motivating…

11. What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used?

Print advertising; direct mail (postcards); press releases; personal appearances; radio interviews.

12. What are some unique methods of marketing you have used?

Appearing/speaking in non-traditional venues, such as coffee houses, wine shops, dinner assembly stores; on-line events.

13. Do you sell through a website? If so, what’s the address? If not, why not?

My own website is located at www.BeaconStreetBooks.com.

14. Where can people order your books?

Print copies through Amazon.com at:

http://www.amazon.com/Point-Surrender-Anne-Carter/dp/1590805143/ref=pd_b...

E-Books available at:

http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/AnneCartereBooks.htm

15. What format are your books – e-book, print, audio etc?

My books are available in print and e-book (multiple formats)

16. Will you write more books?

I don’t see an end to it anytime soon.

17. What do you have in the works now?

CAPE SEDUCTION, romantic paranormal mystery;

THE GYPSY IN ME, contemporary romance (3rd in the StarCrossed trilogy)

OLD ENOUGH, middle grade reader

18. What does the future hold for you and your books?

I hope to be able to devote more time to my writing career in the coming year. More time to write and promote. I also feel the publishing industry is at a crossroads, is evolving. I believe whole-heartedly in the future of the electronic book reader. It’s taken much longer to “catch on” than I thought it would, but it hasn’t gone away. I personally read primarily e-books.

19. What was the most successful thing you did to promote your books?

Develop an on-line presence through such avenues as MySpace, Author’s Den, my own website, and various romance reader sites.

20. What was the least successful thing you did to promote your books?

Probably print advertising, where I did not secure repetitive exposure in the same media.

This interview was done in conjunction with Nikki Leigh. For more information, visit – www.nikkileigh.com/promo.htm.

No comments: